Insurance for water-damaged property - Part 3

Coverage for sewer back up or sump pump overflow can be added by endorsement to homeowner, renter, or condominium insurance policies. There is an extra cost to include this coverage on the policy.

Sump pump overflow and sewer back up endorsement covers personal property and structural damage caused by water that backs up through sewers or drains, or overflows from a sump pump. The endorsement limits coverage to a specific dollar amount, and has a separate deductible.

Contact your homeowner insurance agent for pricing and coverage information.