- Coverage E, Personal Liability. The insurer will defend you in court and pay damages to another person (outside your household) if you are negligent for the injury. Medical bills for the injured party, your legal fees, and court-awarded damages to the injured party are covered (up to the policy limit).
- Coverage F, Medical Payments. This pays for an individual's accident-related expenses (subject to the med pay coverage limit) sustained on your property or hurt by you, someone in your household, or your pet. The injured individual cannot live with you.
Important points to note for Section 2:
- Choose a personal liability limit in line with your net worth.
- Negligence (fault) is not a factor in medical payments claims.
Final thoughts about homeowners insurance:
- Homeowners policies have common characteristics but are not uniform. Coverages vary from one company to the next.
- Get in touch with a local agent or company representative to request an annual review.
- Confirm policy coverages and limits line up with your specific needs.